Dr. Carolyn West appears on a variety of media throughout the US to educate and equip professionals with the skills needed to provide culturally sensitive services to survivors of gendered violence.
To invite Dr. West for an interview or to appear on your media, lead a workshop to your organization, or show her documentary film at your event, please make your inquiry via her CONTACT FORM.
- Raped, then forgotten until a community intervened. Ebony.com
- Taking it to the Hill: Psychologists share their expertise on trauma, violence, and abuse with federal policy-makers. Monitor on Psychology
- Relationship violence strikes campuses. Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Healing communities: Dr. Carolyn West brings domestic violence issues to light. Color of Influence
- Take back the music: Entertainment insiders, thinkers, and consumers candidly discuss hip hop’s outlook on Black women’s sexuality. Essence
- Residues of slavery, racial stereotypes of the “Angry Black Women” often put Black women and girls in harm’s way. Atlanta Black Star
- Your role in helping victims of sexual assault? It’s bigger than you think. Deseret News
- Assault, violence experts speaks at SHARP Summit. Northwest Guardian
- Is sexual harassment different from the perspective of Black women. TheGrio.com
- Researcher cites negative influences of hip hop. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- RAD training creates survivors University of Washington Tacoma Ledger
- Trying to break a “culture of silence” on rape. Washington Post
- Still on the auction block. Assembling the Pieces
- Student discuss sexual violence. The Harvard Crimson
- The Godfather of Soul accused of spouse abuse—again. Women’s E-News
- Web of trauma a burden for Blacks, researcher says. Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- Professor Resigns Under Fire. St. Louis Post Dispatch
Selected Media Interviews
- 2018 WhyIDidn’tReport Survivors of Sexual Assault Share Their Stories After Trump Tweet, by J. Fortin (1). The New York Times.
- 2019 R Kelly’s arrest barely scatches surface if a much needed Metoo reckoning for black girls NBC News.
- 2016 Raped, Then Forgotten Until A Community Intervened, by K.H. Taylor Ebony.com
- 2005 Essence Take Back the Music Essence.
- 2019 Confronting Black men’s roles in the murders of Black transgender women may be the only way to save our lives The Grio.
- 2016 Residues of Slavery, Racial Stereotypes of the Angry Black Women, Often Put Black Women and Girls in Harms Way. Atlanta Black Star.
- 2019 I suffered in silience for 12 years Rape survivor helps black women talk about sexual violence The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- 2019 11 rapes, 4 states, 1 suspect The extraordinarily improbable defense of Calvin Kelly Lansing State Journal.
- 2016 Black Women are Far More Likely to Be Fatally Shot. The Trace The Trace.